9.30.2007

Day -1: Youth decay

Today, in a desperate sugar orgy, I have eaten two sweet bagels, a cup of peanut-butter-swirl frozen custard, and the entire contents of the box pictured below.



Yes, that does indeed say "six bars" of squishy, edible Play-Doh. I'm literally trembling a bit as I type this, in a reaction perhaps more suited to having popped a couple of No-Doz. It's probably a good thing I'm unemployed at the moment and too broke to spend any more on junk food. Hospitalization isn't the best way to start this month off on the right foot. (I can only guess what November 1st will bring. Having my cause of death listed as "multiple organ failure precipitated by half-price Halloween candy" would be a notable accomplishment.)

Observation: When did candy boxes get so big? I know I must sound dreadfully old-fashioned, but seriously, there was a box of Nerds the size of a small paperback. Maybe it was just a reaction caused by the nauseating thought of having to choke down whatever I bought before midnight, but I don't think so. I may have to go on a photo excursion at some point in the near future, once I get my digital camera working again.

I have been reading nutrition information for various things online. Ingredient lists are, apparently, not in line with the zeitgeist.

I fear I may be getting myself in over my head.

No comments: